Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Reading Challenges


In my previous post I listed my goals for a Reading Challenge geared at helping you read some of those books that have been sitting in your To Be Read pile.  In that challenge I have committed to reading 10 Books.
I also signed up for GoodReads 2012 Reading Challenge. Where I have set a goal to read 65 Books.  This should not be to difficult. Besides the TBR Pile Challenge, I am also involved in 3 area book clubs & 1 online group. The first group I have been reading with since the Spring of 2004 and we average 8 books a year.  My second group is a group of local mom’s and we have been reading together since the Summer of 2007 and we average 10 books a year. My third group is a neighborhood group started last year and we read 11 books. Finally, I also signed up last year with an online group to read War & Peace and we have decided to stay together and read more books together.
My Reading will move over many genre’s.....Best Sellers, Classics, Chick-Lit, Romance, Young-Adult, Mystery, Historical Fiction, & Non Fiction.
What books are currently up on my docket?....I am participating in two long-term reading projects.   The 1st is East of Eden by John Steinbeck  with my online group with a projected end date of May. The second book is Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell which I am reading with two friends from my Mom’s book club.  We are going to break it down it to monthly readable chunks with a projected end date of September.
I am also currently reading The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis to my 8 year-old son and The Paris Wife by Paula McLain for my Neighborhood book club. Then I will move into The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw for my Mom’s book club.
Other books on my list for January & February are....
The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, & Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (if I have time since I have already read them)
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
A Lady Never Surrenders by Sabrina Jeffries
The Capture of Glencrae by Stephanie Laurens
Stormchaser by Paul Stewart
So here is to reading and reaching my goals and hopefully exceeding them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment